Sunday, December 10, 2017

Bro!

It so happened while talking to my little brother today on his birthday that I was wondering how old he is now? 12-13? When I performed a little calculation in my head and counted the years gone by since December 1999, I gasped a little realizing that the little boy is not so little any more!
Eighteen. I started to remember how I had felt when I had turned eighteen although it looked like a long time ago now. That time, 18 felt big, while now even 24 feels small. I was so busy growing old so fast that I didn't pay attention that my loving brother was growing up so fast.

It's quite hard to imagine how time has flown so fast and he has grown into a 6-feet person. Whenever I hear "brother" my mind instantly switches to the picture of the little fat lump that my parents brought home one fine day. He had eyes so big and belly so round and fingers so tiny I could cry. I marvelled at the little creature in awe. I remember asking my parents, "Is it ours?" and them smiling back oh so lovingly.


He has grown through the time of pushing me around the house in my shiny bicycle to driving me to temples on the top of small hills now. He has been a very crucial part of my childhood, a subject to my experiments, the bearer of my atrocities as the tyrannous elder sister. (Maar pitaai, kharoche etc). I had also convinced him that he was not a part of our family and was dropped at our door in a basket by aliens.

In the last many years, I have never heard him say anything good about me. Still, he has always always ALWAYS made me happy whenever I had a tear in my eye (Even if some of the times, he was the reason). Being his sister has developed me as well over the years and a good part of my qualities has developed while performing this role.

I had such an overwhelming feeling of affection and lots to express that it tangled up and I ran out of things to tell him and that's when my awesome friends came to my rescue and gave me some words. Golden words from some fine men that I have known.
On this note, I'm leaving some of the shimmer of the gold mentioned above for you to read as well in case it makes you feel good or smile. They range from "Don't get into relationships" to "Learn from your sister" (Extra points to you man!)

Here is your "Virtual Card" Birthday boy. The one you won't be able to lose out of carelessness :P

Troy Bolton: It's never late for a change. Looking back always helps to introspect. I will say these words to myself if I can go back in time

Coolie Coolerson: ๐Ÿ˜Ž Well my lesson to him would be "Don't get into any serious relationships, keep it cool"  (He obviously means tell your sister everything :P )

Genny Gennerson: Hello young friend. Welcome to the Just-Hatched-Into-Adulthood club! I know this birthday seems to be worth a lot more celebration, because, you know, the "18+ factor" and the complementary "will to fly into your freedom" perk. But on a more realistic note, I hope this birthday not just brings you lots of celebrations and memories but also a sense of responsibility, maturity, accountability and discipline. All for the betterment of yourself and your family. Make your efforts count. The end of the school days marks the exposure to a big, 'DIY' world where despite the so-desired freedom, the only person who can do good for yourself is you! The closest example of a good blend of all these virtues is your sister herself. (Blushing) Aside the mutual teasing and bullying, try learning a thing or two from her.๐Ÿ˜‹ She can fluidly teach a bunch of coarse villagers, so you can be sure to receive the best if you're at her receiving end! ๐Ÿ˜‡I guess that's enough of the "gyan" from my side! Wish you a good day with joy and togetherness! Happy birthday๐ŸŽ‚

Draco Malfoy: Accept no one's definition of your life..! Define yourself..!

Gunther CentralPerk: Live in the present.. Travel a lot.. Make new friends.. Don't care about what others think of you

Shatabdi Express: I'm not a learned man but just sharing what I got to know(may be right may be wrong) Happy each and every day. Enjoy not only your b'day but each and every day of your life. The only day your problems will end is when you die. Don't worry about them. Never stop learning till the end moment of your life.

Ben Geller: Choose a good adviser, the who just tells you what you want without adding his/her opinion in it. He/ she will guide you to success. Trust me.
Listen to everyone's opinion, but do just what you want to.


Now you are 18th..so here's some word from Latey Laterson -
" Be passionate about what ever you do.. give your 100% always and have the child inside you alive always, there's less fun actually being grown up๐Ÿ˜›.. Care for the ones who care about you and whatever situation might come in life, always carry a smile
with you bcz ups and down are part of life but smiling in ups and downs is art of life...."
So take care, enjoy your birthday and have a great year ahead.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! Much appreciated!